14 September 2005

Phone mystery continued

Avid and regular readers will recall my act of bloggery about a phone mystery (written exactly a month ago today). If you haven't already read it, and I can't think why you'd want to miss that one, you'd better click the link immediately, and certainly before reading any further.

At 1.47 pm today, the mystery man, Jason, called again and I spoke to him! Unfortunately, I was distracted by something important, or perhaps even a work-related matter, and did not have several hours spare to subject him to forensic questionning. However, I did glean from him that I am the voice on HIS outgoing voicemail, and he thought we met at View Bar (I would remember that because I always get nosebleeds if I travel below 42nd Street, so I rarely go that far down-state). He then remembered that we actually met at Posh! Apparently, I had provided my vocal services at Posh Table A one night. There have been several evenings that outgoing messages have been recorded by members of The Table for their friends. I thought I was the only person who had retained his, as recorded by Master Moore and Master Nichols; Jason still has his.

If you're still reading at this point, and who can blame you, you'll be wanting to know why Jason called. He needed directions to Posh! Can you believe it? He seems to think I'll be meeting him there at some point. Heavens! I can't say he never calls.

No comments: