14 August 2005

Phone mystery

Who are you and why are you calling me and why are you calling me at this time?

That's what I would have been asking if I'd been awake at 12.13am last Saturday when "Jason" called twice and didn't leave a message. Hmmmmmm?!?!? Who is Jason? was my first thought. Obviously I've communicated with this mystery man because his name is in my cell phone address book. The area code is for part of Kansas. The detective work hasn't helped. And it would be too easy to call his number.

There are three people I can think of whom I know who are called Jason. None of them, to my knowledge, has my cell number. Two of them work at my favourite drinking establishment, and the third lives in Boston. There are no other Jasons that come to mind right now.

Why would he call twice? The second call may have been for his own amusement or that of a companion. That's because I am blessed with two highly amusing outgoing messages. The messages are more than outgoing, they're positively gregarious. I suppose that's why there are two of them. Regular members of Table A will know why. By the way, Jason, do give a call!


UPDATE

Mystery takes a surprising turn here.

No comments: