30 August 2005

Fire!

Avid and regular readers will recall various insanities in my office building. Things settled down for a while, but it seems that a psychotic psychic has moved into an office down the corridor. On Sunday evening I slipped into the building just to check on things (I'll bet she didn't see that in her crystal ball) because there were reports of weird comings and goings at all hours, and strange cracked-out or high types people wandering the corridors. There was a faint odour of cheap incense, and wind chimes jungled each time the psychic's office door opened and closed. The wind chimes are activitate by a lot of hot air would be my guess, and my only real fear is that Dionne Warwick will appear at any moment. Anyhoo, on with the rant...

Yesterday, there was a burning smell in our office at various times of the day but we couldn't locate the source. This afternoon I left our office suite (our main door had been closed) and was assaulted by the stench of incense. I was incensed [I couldn't resist] and went storming down the corridor bellowing, "What is that stinking smell?" The wind chimes jingled very slightly and were silenced quickly. This evening there was some sort of chanting going on. I'll be dealing with the noise pollution in due course.

Wow! The chimes just went off again. It's amazing how sounds that are meant to be soothing can seem so downright disgusting. Now, where did I put that fire extinguisher?

No comments: