16 January 2006

Some things I don't like

This is just a random sampling.

1. Gratuitous use of the word fuck. It’s too powerful a word to be wasted, and I particularly hate to hear it used by a woman. If you have to use it, make the occasion worth it. Remember that there’s no other word to replace it when its frequency of use leads to its loss of impact. Then what will we say?

2. Blogs that give graphic descriptions of the blogger’s sexual encounters. When I want to read that kind of thing I’ll reach for one of the millions of art magazines that I possess.

3. Turnip. Except when in soup.

4. Liver, though I wish I did like it because it looks so delicious raw.

5. Kidney. It’s disgusting.

6. The works of Lord Andrew Sir Lloyd Webber. Cats especially: the whole kitten kaboodle.

7. The use of the word “savings” when the speaker or writer means “saving”.

8. Stupidity and sometimes just plain old ignorance. Never underestimate the powerful stupidity of people in large groups.

9. Buying drinks after happy hour. It’s a crying shame.

10. Getting home, having forgotten to pick up items from the store, because once I sit on that sofa there’s no shifting me, and that's going to lead to random acts of bloggery.

2 comments:

Rob Byrnes said...

Your liver hates you, too.

Mark said...

Avid and regular readers and FARB should not panic. THIS IS JUST A TEST.

Is this thing on? Are we on the Internets?

TEST COMPLETE