09 March 2005

Anchors Away!

With the current changes in network news, I had rather hoped [have I no shame?] that we would see the end of news-type entertainment programs such as "The Evening News With Dan Rather Without Connie Chung". I'm interested in properly investigated news that is reported without bias. As long as the person "anchoring" the "news-entertainment" broadcast can read an idiot board [autocue] and speak clearly, it doesn't matter to me what their name happens to be. I object to their name taking up valuable column inches of my TV Guide [not that I actually buy or read that publication, but you do get my point, don't you?].

1 comment:

buff said...

With Peter Jennings now diagnosed with lung cancer, the last of the big anchors is in jeopardy.
Thanks for the analysis and the super blogs. WOOOF